Cart abandonment is a major issue to any online retailer. About 67% of carts are left without a purchase confirmation.
What can you do to Combat Cart Abandonment?
- Optimize your checkout page to has as few steps as possible. Test your assumptions.
- Use Follow-up email extensions
- Optimize Your Page Load Times
- Identify ‘Leaky’ Spots In Your Conversion Pathways
- Be Crystal-Clear About All Costs Upfront – Shipping time and duration
- Offer a Bulletproof Money-Back Guarantee (or Other Assurances)
- Offer Guest Checkout Options
- Use to Target Abandoners (Facebook and Adwords offer this)
- Make Saving Carts Effortless (coming back will have the cart saved)
- Include a Strong Call to Action on Checkout Pages
- Offer Multiple Payment Options
- Make Navigation Between Cart and Store Effortless
- Include Thumbnail Images of Products Throughout the Purchasing Phase
- Include a Progress Indicator on Checkout Pages
- Establish and Build Trust in Your Transaction Forms