Nowadays, every successful business has a rapid increase in its number of customers.
Every business requires communication with its customers for different purposes like sharing information, marketing campaigns, feedback emails, or communication emails.
Unfortunately, the use of manual methods to communicate with customers for different purposes will be difficult to manage.
In order to make this process smooth, there is a feature called email automation. Its meaning lies in the name itself.
Email automation involves automatically sending emails to customers whenever certain conditions are met. Any time a particular set of rules are matched, automation will trigger the email and it will be sent to the customer.
In simple terms, email automation allows you to send any kind of rules like an email when there is a holiday, an email for the query response, an email every week for the marketing campaign, an email voucher or gift code, and an email for the feedback, etc.
In general, businesses try to engage with their customers based on the business model. There are primarily two very popular and simple business models we need to consider in setting up email automation rules.
Based on your targeted audition, You will like to send emails. Let’s understand the difference between B2B and B2C business.
- B2B is a business-to-business model where one business will target the other business. Examples of B2B business are software, Office Furniture, Industrial devices, or any kind of business services. Mostly, this kind of business has a high volume of sales and allows price flexibility based on order volume, requires good commitment, and very niche market.
- B2C is a business-to-consumer business model where businesses will target consumers. Examples of B2C businesses are home-use products, taxi services, online streaming, clothing or personal use electronics, etc. This kind of online business has a wide range of market accessibility, fast selling, little or no responsibility required, and focus on discounts and price.
To automate B2B email campaigns, you will need a specific set of data for lead generation or a set of data that can automate with existing customers based on email subscriptions. You can look at tools like Outboundsales.io and see what they do:
To further understand some ideas about the B2B campaign, you need to manage emails based on business types, locations or services, or product categories they fall in such as the following:
- Introduction email for product and service with commitment offered by a business.
- Useful available products or services for particular businesses.
- Support and communication email for instant reply or fast service.
To automate B2C email campaigns. Most email campaigns are based on age group and gender and occasions. Personalizing proper email is necessary to get a higher conversion rate.
For B2C you can organize the different email campaigns like the following
- Welcome Email
- Discount or holiday discount or offer emails
- Feedback email
- Support and Query emails
- New Arrival of product.
Personalizing email for the B2B customer
- Focus on service and product
- Fast and easy communication option.
- Easy summarize the email
A few things need take to personalize the email campaign for B2C
- Refer them with their name
- Use less text and more graphics images
- Add easy contact or support
Let’s conclude in a short that email marketing is a must for every business today but to manage timely and attractive email, we need to use email automation.
In order to automate the email, you’ll need a specific set of data with a specific set of rules that will trigger it at a certain time, which is extremely important if you want your business to grow.