What is reactivating dormant subscribers?Dormant subscribers are re-engage with inactive subscribers so they start reading your emails again? First, remember that you can’t reactivate 100% of your inactive subscribers. Some of the reasons:
- people change their email addresses (some are work emails)
- people needs permanently change, so you might not provide a solution for them anymore.
Advantages of reactivating old email addressesTrying to reactivate those emails with a clear message for this will have some good benefits.
- lower the costs for sending emails (list size is smaller and you send fewer emails)
- increase the user base with those that will start reading your emails again.
How to create a win-back email campaign
It costs 6-7x more to gain a new customer than keep an existing one, so developing email marketing campaigns to win back lost subscribers makes a lot of sense.Now you want to create a reactivation campaign. Here are some key notes you need to remember:
- Decide the inactivity period (30days) and segment your users accordingly;
- Choose the type of message for the email: give incentives, show appreciation or just highlight what they are missing;
- Send the campaign
- Give users more time to engage with the campaign and don’t remove them immediately. About 50% of those who open the email will do it within 30 days, not immediately.